- The Public Comment meeting will start at 5:30 p.m. time certain. The time period will be a maximum of 30 minutes for public comment. Other Board business will begin promptly at 6:05 p.m. or earlier if there were fewer individuals making comment.
- Individuals can sign-in in advance by e-mailing or calling the Board Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org / 651-767-8149) or by filling out the Public Comment form on the Board website. If they do not sign-in in advance, they will be allowed to do so at the meeting but sign-in will end at 5:30 p.m. when the Public Comment session begins. Individuals should indicate their name, address, phone number or e-mail and the subject they are addressing noting if it is related to an agenda specific area (items being addressed on that meeting’s formal agenda) or a non-agenda related topic.
- The order of in which speakers will be called is as follows: students, speakers speaking to an agenda related item, then others in the order of names received, with preference given to those who have not spoken in the past three months. The time allotment may be reduced from three minutes in order to allow as many speakers as possible to offer their comments within the 30 minutes allocated.
- Individuals are asked to speak for the maximum of three (3) minutes only (or the reduced time per above). A timekeeping device is utilized and will sound a buzzer when time is up.
- Please DO NOT include names of Saint Paul Public School employees, titles or location names in your remarks for your own legal protection and the legal rights of staff. This includes identifiers such as school name, grade or job title that would identify the individual publicly. Issues related to school district employees should be made in writing and may identify employees by name, title, location, etc. and should be addressed to the Human Resources Department.
- Individuals are asked complete a "Sign-In Sheet" in order to provide a more complete record of their concern/issue for the benefit of administration or to provide a written copy of their comments which can be provided to Board members and administration.
In the spirit of fairness to all participants, The SPPS Board requests that individuals respect the above process. Thank you for sharing your concerns.