Our school offers exceptional resources – including the district’s only onsite planetarium – all near beautiful Como Park. As a result, nature is a special focus for our school. Our community connects regularly with Belwin Outdoor Science, Bakken Museum, Children’s Museum, Big River Journey, Como Zoo, and Starbase. Specialists in reading and math work with classroom teachers at each grade level to support learning, and most of our students achieve medium to high growth in reading and math. Specialists in STEM, music, art, physical education, and dance enrich the core curriculum. Technology is integrated into learning throughout the day with the use of interactive white boards, computers, laptop carts and iPads.
hrough caring and collaboration, Como Park Elementary seeks to build a community of lifelong learners demonstrated through achievement in all subject areas.
* Students learn to use technology as a tool for learning, processing and presenting information in a variety of subject areas.
* Como Elementary offers full day Kindergarten.
* The school offers a Community Kindergarten program for targeted 4-year-olds.
* Schoolwide Title I programing provides additional support for students who are not achieving in school up to their abilities.
* Students receive instruction from Specialists in Physical Education, STEM, Art, Music, and Dance.
We at Como Park Elementary focus on molding the whole child through academics, the arts, and character building. Students recite the Como Cardinal Pledge and the Pledge of Allegence during morning announcements. We even have a school song to build pride in our community.
Como Park Elementary Pledge
Como Park Cardinals SOAR!
We are Safe, On task, have a positive Attitude and are Respectful and Responsible.
I will help my school be a Safe place for myself and others,
I will be focused on my learning and be On task,
I will do my best to have a positive learning Attitude,
I promise to be Respectful and Responsible to myself, others and my school.
Como Elementary School Song
(Tune: University of Minnesota Rouser)
Como School our hats off to thee!
True to red and black we will ever be,
Kind and smart and caring are we.
RAH, RAH, RAH for Como School!
RAH, RAH, RAH, RAH!
RAH, RAH for Como School!