End of Year Academic Awards Events
- *Rescheduled* All Student Honors Night - Monday, May 23rd at 6:00pm in Cafeteria
- The All Student Honors Program has been changed to, Monday, May 23rd at 6:00 in the School Auditorium. Look for an updated postcard in the U.S. mail soon. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Grades 9-11 Top Ten Recognition Night - Thursday, June 2nd at 6:30pm in Cafeteria
- The top ten ranked students in grades 9-11 will be recognized at this evening recognition program. Refreshments begin at 6:30pm and the recognition program begins at 7pm.
iPad Updates @ Como: Take Action
- Your iPad must be updated to 9.3.1 immediately!
- Your iPad, brick, and cord are due on 5/26 & 5/27! Be ready!
Questions? Contact Aaron Bryant at email@example.com or 651-744-2591
- A BIG thank you to the Saint Anthony Park Community Foundation for awarding grant money to our Como Park Big Brother Big Sister Program to purchase the material to make fleece blankets and donate these blankets to our local children's' hospitals.
- This Sunday May 15th at St. Thomas University Andrayah Adams, Demtrice Mitchell, Adan Guled will be playing in the Inner City All-Star Basketball Classic. Como’s own, Coach John Robinson, will be coaching the boys team along with Coach James. The girls play at 3:00pm followed by the boys at 5:00pm.
Get Involved, Kids!
- Como's Robotics Team, aka BEASTBot, is hosting an after-school pep fest this Thursday, May 19 to get psyched up for the State Tournament! Come on out to support us, get a selfie with the robot, and enjoy a snack while supplies last! Meet us in the Main Gym at 2:15. #itsroboticstime
- Seniors — to register for your All-Night Graduation party ticket, Senior Registration forms are available HERE!: Senior All-Night Graduation Party Tickets are available for $50 in advance or $60 (cash) at the door. Scholarship money is available to ensure that seniors have the opportunity to attend. Any questions - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Only three FREE yoga classes left this school year! All classes will take place in the school library starting at 2:15pm on the dates listed - 5/18, 5/25, 6/1. Students should plan to bring water and a small towel, if available. Please plan to dress as if attending a PE/gym class. Email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or need more information.
Get Involved, Parents!
- Spring Choral Concert, featuring Women's Choir, Men's Choir, Donna di Cantare, Concert Choir and Chamber Singers, Thursday, May 19 at 7 PM. Enjoy a wide variety of music, including that which will be performed during the upcoming trip to New York City to sing at Carnegie Hall, say good-bye to the seniors and congratulate the singers who went above and beyond this year. $2 for Adults, $1 for Students/Seniors
- The 34th Annual 'Senior All-Night Graduation Party’ is only 1 month away and we need over 100 volunteers! This event (sponsored by the Booster Club) provides our graduating seniors with a safe, fun environment to celebrate with friends. Parents from all classes are asked to help make this event a success. You can help before, during, and after the party with Food, Decorating, Registration, Chaperoning, Prizes, Activities, Coat Check, Clean up and Donations. Click on our VolunteerSpot link to sign up! http://vols.pt/zg6dvB You are also welcome to join our next planning meeting on Monday, May 23rd at 6:30PM in the Athletic Office. Any questions - please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Parent and Community Council meeting will be combined with the final session of our School Design Planning Committee. Join us on Tuesday, May 17 beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the school library. Come see the proposed design for Como's major renovation. Immediately following the school design presentation, there will be discussion on looking towards the 2016-17 school year. Parents, students and staff are encouraged to attend!
- Join us for an end of the year combined meeting of Coffee with the Principal and Coffee with the Counselor. We will meet in the Parent Resource Room on Wednesday, May 18, from 9:00-10:00AM. Come and meet other Como parents as you ask questions of Theresa Neal and Como counselor, Kia Thao. Call Sandy Kestner if you need transportation. 651-744-3997.
- The Senior Breakfast will be held on Friday, June 3. If you'd like to make a monetary donation, please make checks payable to Como Park Senior High with a memo for the Senior Breakfast and send them to Shelly Storelee. Your support is much appreciated!
Upcoming Events - mark your calendar!
- Parent and Community Council Tuesday, May 17
- Coffee with the Principal AND a Counselor May 18 9:00-10:00AM
Parent Coordinator Sandy Kestner: email@example.com
Please note: This newsletter is put together by a busy counselor who believes that parents and students can make the Como Park HS community better when they know what is going on each week. News is collected via responses to an all-staff email as well as from active parents who regularly share news about non-staff affiliated groups. If you have something new you’d like to see in the newsletter, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This e-mail has been sent to you by COMO PARK SR. To maximize their communication with you, you may be receiving this e-mail in addition to a phone call with the same message. If you no longer wish to receive email notifications from COMO PARK SR, please click here to unsubscribe.