The truth of the situation is that gang activity is escalating all around the country. That doesn’t mean you have to become a victim. Here are eight tips to avoiding gang activity.
- Don’t hang out or associate with gang members or "wannabe” gang members.
- Don’t identify or communicate with gangs.
- Keep your eyes open for known gang hangouts and steer clear.
- Don’t approach cars with people appearing to be asking for directions.
- Know the gang-related clothing in your area and don’t wear it where gangs congregate.
- Never attend a party put on by gangs or their associates.
- Don’t take part in any graffiti activity or hang around where graffiti is present.
- Don’t use any kind of finger gesture or sign language in public that might be construed as a gang sign.