Are you wasting too much time searching online? Are you tired of sifting through second graders’ reports, fanatics’ ramblings, and advertisements in search of reliable information?
Google Searching Tips:
* If you find the following domains in an internet address, the site is probably reliable:
* The following may indicate you're on a personal website:
~ (tilde sign)
% (percent sign)
the word "user" or a personal name "jdoe" is in the address after the domain name and the first forward slash "/"
* If you’re not having luck in databases, try scholar.google.com designed for academic searching.
* If you can't find the owner or publisher of a website, go to easywhois.com and enter the URL of the site you would like to research.
* If you want current news articles, only minutes or hours old, go to Google's news.google.com. For older news articles, go to the databases listed under "Newspapers and Magazines" or "Combination of Books, Newspapers and Magazines" on Como's "Research Resources" webpage. Other websites for finding articles are magportal.com and findarticles.com.
*Branch away from Google and try using other search engines such as sweetsearch.com