Career and Technical Education Program Areas
3M STEP Program
Where 36 students (juniors and seniors) attend 3M classes and have a paid summer internship at 3M.
Genesys Works with Saint Paul Public Schools
100+ students receive internship training in thespring and summer along with computer repair/information technology or business operations instruction and earn paid internships in their senior year.
Career Pathways Academy (CPA)
A high school (HS) program for 10th through 12th grade students who meet the PSEO requirements. Students earn college and high school credit for courses usually taught by high school instructors. There is no cost for the program.Transportation is provided.
Saint Paul Public School Automotive Program
Where students may become NATEF certified and earn summer internships.
High-Quality CTE Programs
The elements of high-quality CTE programs include:
- Standards-aligned and Integrated Curriculum: development of CTE program curriculum and standards.
- Integrated Network of Partnerships: business and community partnerships to support CTE program alignment and success.
- Course Sequencing and Credentials: coordination of coursework progression in CTE programs and career pathways that lead to recognized postsecondary credentials.
- Career-Connected Learning and Experiential Learning: career planning and career-based experiential learning opportunities.
- Industry-specific Facilities, Equipment, Technology and Materials: facilities and equipment specific to work in given career fields.
- Work-Based Learning (WBL): firsthand, onsite student engagement opportunities in a given career field.
- Data for Program Improvement and Advocacy: use of data for continuous program improvement and advocacy.
- Student Leadership Development: leadership development through embedded classroom activities and CTSO opportunities.
- Access, Equity and Inclusion: CTE program promotion and support for all student populations.
- Student-Centered Instruction: instructional strategies that support attainment of career-relevant knowledge and skills.
- Professional Development for Knowledgeable Experts: qualifications and professional development of secondary CTE teachers.
Did you know
- The high school graduation rate for Minnesota students who are CTE concentrators (enrolled in two or more CTE courses) is 92%.
- Nearly two-thirds (65%) of Minnesota high school CTE concentrators enroll in postsecondary for further education and career development.
- In Minnesota, 86% of postsecondary students completing a CTE program were placed in employment by the end of the second quarter following program completion.
- Nearly two-thirds (65%) of jobs will require some postsecondary training and/or education beyond high school.