Medical Office Preparation
Medical Office Preparation (MOP) is a hybrid learning class. Hybrid learning means that students meet in class, face-to-face, with a teacher and other students part of the time – the rest of the course work is completed online via distance learning - outside of class, independently, or in a lab with some help from a tutor.
Students in this class work toward meeting the following goals:
- Identify a medical office career path
- Strengthen academic reading/writing skills
- Develop professional communication skills
- Master basic medical terminology
- Develop basic computer skills
- Prepare for the Accuplacer college entrance exam
- Complete steps to transition to college and work
Students will prepare for entry-level office jobs and/or occupational training programs and post-secondary education in the healthcare field. Students who complete this class typically continue on to other areas of study including health unit coordinator or medical billing and coding.
To receive a Medical Office Certificate of Completion from the Hubbs Center, students must:
1) attend 80% of classes
2) complete all assigned work
3) achieve 80% on all online quizzes