Course Description: This class will prepare you for entry level retail sales and customer service positions. You will learn about yourself and how to relate effectively with customers in the workplace. We will also build vocabulary, communication and math skills related to customer service.
Learning experiences include book study, on-line study, field trip, school store, service project, job search skills and creation of a professional portfolio. Daily homework will be given.
Primary Text: Retailing Smarts Series Workbooks 1-4, National Retail Federation
Fun On-line Practice
- Practice vocabulary on http://quizlet.com/class/1089483/
- Try the tutorials on this site to test your retail/customer service knowledge: https://www.castleworldwide.com/cww/take-a-test/entry/national-retail-federation
- Practice making change in cash transactions: http://www.funbrain.com/cashreg/index.html
- Practice calculating discounts: http://www.mathplayground.com/percent_shopping.html
- More difficult discount practice: http://www.mathplayground.com/mathatthemall2.html
- Watch these videos for more tips on effective customer service:
Make Your Resume and Reference List
Resume Template -- Open this document, add your own information, and save. You will have a resume to email or print for future job search.
References Template -- Create a separate sheet of three references with complete contact information.