Highland Park FFA
FFA At A Glance:
- FFA is the largest student-led organization in the country with over 850,000 members in all 50 states.
- FFA was founded in 1928.
- FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
FFA At Highland Park:
- Highland Park has over 150 active members and over 50 members who participated beyond the chapter level last year.
- We are active at the local, regional, state, and national levels - hosting service activities, literacy events, and participating in contests.
- Highland Park was the State Winner for Models of Innovation in 2023.
- We received 7 CDE and LDE top 10 awards at the 2023 MN FFA State Convention.
How to Join:
- Attend a monthly meeting! See dates on Instagram or Schoology
- Instagram: @highlandparkffa
- Schoology Group Code: ZBZ6-JFZN-QFMVQ
- Contact Ms. Braun (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
FFA isn’t just for farmers! FFA members develop skills and gain experiences that are beneficial for everyone, regardless of their future career choices. The letters “FFA” stand for Future Farmers of America, but we are the Future Biologists, Future Chemists, Future Veterinarians, Future Engineers and Future Entrepreneurs of America, too.
A: FFA allows you to “pick and choose” which activities you participate in. Many members are in multiple clubs and sports and learn valuable time management skills.
A: Absolutely! FFA looks very impressive on a resume. FFA can also connect you to scholarships and help you learn about career opportunities! The National FFA Organization awards more than $2.5 million in scholarships annually, in addition to MN FFA Scholarships and other agricultural businesses offered each year. Plus, FFA can help you to get volunteer hours, which are important for many different applications.