School Social Workers are the link between home, school and community.
As members of the education team, School Social Workers promote and support students' academic and social success by providing specialized services that may include:
- Assessment of student needs and strengths through observation, interviews, and testing.
- Treatment of mental and emotional disorders.
- Individual and group therapeutic services.
- Crisis prevention and intervention.
- Working with students in both general education and special education settings.
- Advocacy for students, parents, and the school district.
- Education and training for parents and guardians.
- Information and referral.
- Collaboration and consultation with community agencies, organizations, and other professionals