Genius Squads are savvy, student technology enthusiasts who are committed to leading, supporting and impacting the Personalized Learning environment of Saint Paul Public Schools.
Genius Squad members participate, lead and assist technology integration in a wide variety of ways at their respective schools and at a district-level. These student tech leaders will
- support device deployment including basic use training
- iPads for Educators events
- Student handout events at schools
- assist in troubleshooting and supporting
- before, during and after school Genius Bar
- provide support for school-wide service tickets
- provide professional development and support to peers and staff
- district and site-based student conferences like GeniusCon and EdCamp style site meets
- district and site-based, staff and student “appy hours” and “apps speed dating” sessions
- site-based lessons and ongoing support for digital citizenship and proper use
- participate and lead #sppschat twitter chats on Monday nights at 7 p.m.
- #sppsgenius hashtags and weekly student moderated “twitter” chats
- inform school and district policy and procedures
- meetings with stakeholders (district and site level)
- test processes for Technology Services
- assist in development of digital citizenship course contents
Please see Mr. Bryant in the library or by contacting him at email@example.com .