WELCOME TO THE SAINT PAUL PUBLIC SCHOOLS FACILITIES DEPARTMENT
It is the Facilities Department mission to provide and maintain quality and safe physical environments that enhance and support the education of our students in an equitable manner. The Facilities Department is responsible for the planning, renovation, cleaning, furnishing and maintenance of the District’s 7.3 million square feet and 465 acres of land.
Who We Are-Work Groups:
- Maintenance & Operations - Provides maintenance, repair and custodial service functions for the District’s buildings and grounds.
- Distribution- Provides logistics and support for transferring furniture, event equipment, resource libraries, computer carts and supplies.
- Facility Planning and Furniture Services- Provides design services, space planning, furniture, and construction project management for the District.
- Environmental Services - Staff manages waste (recycling, trash, hazardous waste), researches and implements energy saving initiatives, and provides environmental health, safety programs, and training and recordkeeping.
- Administrative Services - Provides research, data coordination, maintenance, CAD services and administrative support for the entire Facilities Department.
Facilities Master Plan
On Dec. 15, 2015, the School Board of Education approved the Faciltiies Master Plan. The first five years of facility projects will be approved by the BOE on March 22, 2016.