Phone: (651) 744 - 2007
Degrees and Certifications:
BA - UC Irvine MA - Univ. of St. Thomas
Mr. Brandon Russell
3 quotes which guide me in life:
"Everyday is a new day to succeed."
"You can't hit a home run without swinging the bat."
"The decisions you make today impact the choices you will have tomorrow."
About your teacher:
- I've been teaching since 2017, and school year 2020/2021 will be my 4th year teaching at Highland Senior.
Age and Geography
- I'm turning 33 on March 2nd 2021. I grew up in Irvine, CA, and moved to the beautiful twin cities in 2014.
Education & Military
- Until 10th grade, I wasn't very interested in school, and subsequently attended an alternative high school until 12th grade. If you're having a hard time, or if you just aren't interested in school, let's chat - I get it.
- I didn't have the grades or the money for college, so I joined the Navy. It was a great choice. If you're thinking about the military, let me know if you have any questions.
- I attended the University of California, Irvine for my BA. I became excited about math at UCI; I had a lot of fun developing confidence, proficiency, and interest in a subject (math) that I previously had never given much time. If you're excited about math, let's geek out about it.
- I attended the University of St. Thomas for my MA and initial licensure. If you ever consider teaching as a future career, let's chat about it.
- I'd say family time, learning, exercise, seeing new places, and meeting new faces are all examples of ways I have fun in life.
Quarter 1 Schedule:
Before/After School Tutoring
The first moment you realize you're "stuck", please ask a question in class and/or come see me before or after school. Everyday I am here by 7:00am, and I will plan on staying at school until 3:30pm. If you plan on coming by for help, talk to me first to ensure I will be available that day.
*School year 2020/2021: I think this will likely be a challenging year for all of us. Let's work together, stay positive, encourage one another, and remember that we're learning to better ourselves, open up new opportunities, and to make our families proud. I think you'll find that learning is much more meaningful when you keep these facts in mind and when we collaborate with others! STAY STRONG!!
Algebra 2 Syllabus Calculus 2 Syllabus