TITLE I TAXI CAB LOG
Account/Object Code: 6360
Authorization: Annual authorization and monthly logs required
Taxis are used to transport families to and from school related activities. These activities may be conferences, meetings, parent involvement events etc. The purpose of the taxi is to remove a barrier that prevents parents/guardians from full participation in the academic life of their student(s).
Allowable activities directly support the parent's involvement in the academic education of their child and their involvement at the school. (i.e., Conferences, Parent Night, Site Council, IEP Meeting, Open House)
Airport Taxi is the only Title I preferred provider for Title I Schools.
- Each school/building has a site/login code. Please protect this number as Title I or the school is responsible for every trip charged to this account number. Never give the account number to a parent or community person or another staff person other than the authorized persons provided to Title I.
Taxis may be used when there is no other means of transportation available (last resort). This understanding is important because at certain times of the day or month, the number of cabs available may be limited.
Taxis cabs may not be used to transport students to and from school, to the doctor, or for any reason due to their inability to get to school during the day. Taxi cabs are to be used to facilitate the participation of parents in their children’s education.
- For every cab order, complete the Online Title I Taxi Monthly Log. We are billed monthly and must match each “trip ticket” with the information from the Online Title I Monthly Logs.
- Each entry must be made at the time of request. Taxi cab reports are pulled by the Title I office on the first work day of the following month. Cab entries not documented by that date will not be paid by Title I. Those charges will be assigned to the school’s general fund.
- Only authorized persons at the school will be able to order taxi cabs and enter taxi cab events into the system.
- Title I will pull the monthly taxi cab reports on the first day of each month. Undocumented taxicab events will be the responsibility of the school.
Procedures for Ordering A Taxi Cab (if you have funds budgeted in Title I):
- The most effective way to schedule a taxi for an event is through Airport Taxi's online booking system.
- The login number is your school's 3-digit site code, not the SPPS account code
- The password should be known by your building principal/lead clerk
- Contact the Office of Federal Programs if you don't have this information (651-632-3783)
- Tips for online ordering:
- Use Places and Favorites as often as Possible. Places have an address attached to them and a GPS “pick-point” within our the system that directs the driver to a specific spot. There are over 13,000 places in their street database including every school.
- Favorites allow you to save the parts of an order that you enter repeatedly (like a pickup address or possibly a client you often transport), so you don’t have to enter the same information over and over again. You can have an unlimited number of favorites.
- Alternatively, cabs may be ordered over the phone at 612-888-8889. If ordering over the phone please have the following prepared:
- SPPS Title I Account Code
- User Code
- Contact the Office of Federal Programs if you don't have these codes (651-632-3783)
- Contact name of the person being picked up
- Number of riders
- Pick-up and Drop-off Address
- Pick-up Time
- Return Time
- Any special instructions
- Your name, and school/direct phone number
- If a taxi is called for a family and they no longer need the cab, it is the school’s responsibility to notify the cab company. There is a charge to the schools for an unused taxi. When there’s a “No Load”, the charge is $10 to be paid by the school.
- Provide families with contact information should any problems be encountered.
- For any questions or concerns you may have, contact the Title I Office 651-632-3790.
Taxi Cab Documentation Procedures:
Enter each separate taxicab ride as a separate entery. Round trip journeys can be documented on a single entry.
- If you have not already done so, login to your SPPS Google Account. This will allow you to update or edit your entries later if needed.
If you don't know your password you can submit a Service Desk Ticket or contact Technology Services at 603-HELP (4357) and request that it be reset.
- Enter all of the required information. Your email address can be your Google or Office 365 email address.
- Click submit/Next to log a single trip. If you selected a return or round trip in the survey you will instead enter some additional information before submitting the entire journey.