WHAT IS SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING?
Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults acquire and apply the knowledge, attitudes and skills to:
- understand and manage emotions
- set and achieve positive goals
- feel and show empathy for others
- establish and maintain positive relationships
- make responsible decisions.
The Office of School Support works in collaboration with SPPS departments to expand and improve the menu of promising, evidence-based practices in use across the district.
For more information on SEL, please contact Beth Coleman at email@example.com.