This summer the Office of Equity and Social Studies Department worked with teachers to create 30 three-day units that integrate social studies and literacy.
- are written specifically for K-5 distance learning
- include activities on SeeSaw, Schoology and Google docs
- are built around a children’s book with diverse representation - all books available as multi-user e-books
- integrate standards from social studies, literacy and other content areas
- Identify culturally responsive instructional strategies and Teaching Tolerance social justice standards
- include Courageous Conversations Classrooms, tools teachers can use to develop themselves and their classrooms to engage in meaningful conversations with students
Click here for an overview of the units, including links to digital bookshelves, e-books and a 10 minute how-to video
Not SPPS staff? Contact Sherry Kempf for access.