Degrees and Certifications:
Hello Maxfield Families!
My name is Kary Kuenzli and I'm the school counselor at Maxfield Elementary. This is my first year at Maxfield and am so excited to be working with you and your scholars! I'm passionate about supporting students to become their best selves by exploring their interests, while teaching them problem solving skills and how to advocate for themselves. As a licensed school counselor, I support your scholar with their:
- Social Emotional Learning
- College and Career Readiness
This is accomplished by:
- Weekly classroom lessons
- Group counseling that supports growth in a wide variety of topics such as: emotion management, friendship skills, academic support, life changes, calming strategies, etc.
- Brief individual counseling
- Parent and teacher consultations
- Community resource referrals
I earned my master's in education in School Counseling from the University of Wisconsin River Falls. My education journey began as a Reading Corps Tutor at an elementary school in Minneapolis Public Schools. From there I worked as a Check & Connect monitor and most recently as a Behavior Dean. In my free time I enjoy running, biking, and spending time with friends, family, and my dog Finnley.
Contact Ms. Kary at email@example.com or call 651-744-7644