Meet the Special Education Team
Phalen Lake Hmong Studies offers special education services for students that have Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) tailored to their specific learning needs.
The following is a list of specialized services that are available at Phalen LakeHmong Studies:
- Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD)
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing (DHH)
- Early Childhood Developmental Delay (DD)
- Visually Impaired (VI)
- Classroom support for students with less severe Emotional or Behavioral Disorders (EBD)
- Speech and Languages Therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorder, Other Health Disability/Traumatic Brain Injury/Physical Impairment (special and general education teachers work with district-wide staff to provide appropriate services for individual students)
- Developmental Adaptive Physical Education (DAPE)
- Social Work Services
- Occupational Therapy
Note: Every student who meets state eligibility criteria for special education is entitled to a free, appropriate public education (FAPE) in the least restrictive environment (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, 2004).
*Servicing students in Federal Settings 1 and 2