Welcome to Fourth Grade
In the Fourth Grade Classrooms
We differentiate and meet students where they are. We challenge our students to explain their thinking and be reflective.
In literacy, we focus on small group instruction in reading.
- Small groups of students (usually 4-5) who are reading at a similar level, meet with their teacher twice/week.
- Each week, the group will focus on one book, chosen and presented by the teacher.
- Students learn and practice reading strategies, discuss what they read, complete word work, and practice writing.
In math, we build our small group instruction around TQE (see below).
- Small groups of students (usually 4-5) who are working on the same skill meet with their teacher weekly.
- T=Task, Q=Questions, E=Evidence
- With a learning goal (task) in mind, teachers and students seek multiple solutions (asking questions), and explain their thinking (evidence).
Fifth grade students are eager to explore new ideas and develop their communication skills. We look forward to sharing what, and how, your child is learning.
The Fourth Grade Team