Workers' Compensation Overview
Workers’ compensation covers SPPS paid employees who are injured while at work. Coverage includes:
- Medical care related to the injury, as long as it is reasonable and necessary.
- Wage-loss benefits for part of your income loss.
- Benefits for permanent damage to a body function.
- Benefits to your dependents if you die of a work injury.
- Vocational rehabilitation services if you cannot return to your job or to the employer you had before your injury.
- Travel mileage to obtain medical treatment and/or for certain vocational rehabilitation activities.
Workers’ compensation is coordinated with long-term disability benefits, but not with short-term disability benefits. It is possible to receive pro-rated benefits from long-term disability while receiving workers’ compensation benefits.
SPPS is self-insured for workers’ compensation benefits. The third-party administrator for all SPPS workers’ compensation claims is:
11100 WAYZATA BLVD, SUITE 535
MINNETONKA, MN 55305
For additional information regarding workers’ compensation benefits, please contact Cari Morgan in the Facilities Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. T: 651.767.8233 F: 651.744.1867
For additional information regarding workers' compensation, please contact Cari Morgan in the Facilities Department at email@example.com.
All completed First Report of Injury Forms must be sent directly to the Facilities Department for processing.
Do not send any forms directly to the State.
(Disregard the generic State address and fax number on the form, as they are not to be used for processing.)