Permits: Rent Facility or Grounds
SPPS spaces will be available to permit according to the following schedule:
- April 14th: Youth activities only, indoor and outdoors
- May 1st: Other permits may resume outdoors only
- June 11th: Other permits may resume indoors
All activities require a Permit Request Form to be completed. Any group wishing to permit space must submit a COVID-19 preparedness plan to the Permits Office and agree to the COVID-19 guidelines provided (see attachment).
SAINT PAUL PUBLIC SCHOOLS APPLICATION FOR FACILITY/GROUNDS USE
All use of ISD 625, Saint Paul Public Schools facilities/grounds outside of school hours is scheduled through the Permits Office. If you wish to permit SPPS space and/or grounds, please follow these instructions:
1. Complete the Permit Request Form.
2. Permits must be submitted at least TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO REQUESTED DATE OF USE.
3. Permit requests are processed in the order they are received.
4. After processing your request, a permit will be sent to you. YOUR EVENT HAS NOT BEEN SCHEDULED AND FACILITY USE HAS NOT BEEN AUTHORIZED UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE PERMIT.
You must bring the permit with you to the event. Events shall not be advertised until an approved permit is received.
5. All activities shall be monitored by competent, adult supervision, and the group using the school shall assume full responsibility for any damage to the building and/or equipment.
6. Some permits may require additional staffing costs including: custodial, security, grounds, nutrition services, A/V technician, or lifeguard.
7. You are responsible for reading and adhering to the District's Rules and Regulations for Use of Public School Facilities.
8. Weekday permits may be cancelled by calling the Permits Office at 651-767-8235 no less than 48 hours prior to your permit start time.
9. Saturday and Sunday permits may be cancelled by calling the Permits Office at 651-767-8235 no later than 12 noon the Thursday prior.
10. If Saint Paul Public Schools cancels school and/or school related activities due to inclement weather or adverse field conditions, ALL activities will be cancelled including those involving facility use permits. Access to District facilities and/or grounds will be prohibited and, if the event cannot be rescheduled, associated permit fees paid will be refunded.
The SPPS Board of Education encourages community use of school facilities for purposes permitted by Minn. Stat. § 123B.51 and all other applicable laws.
Need a space? We have a place.