Degrees and Certifications:
My role as the school counselor at LNFI upper and lower campus is to help every student thrive academically, emotionally, and socially. In partnership with students, staff, family, and other members of the community, I strive to prepare students to become effective learners, achieve success in school, live successful and rewarding lives, and develop into contributing members of our society. I strongly believe all students reach their learning potential through the foundation of positive relationships at school.
I work with students in the following ways:
- Individual student meetings
- Facilitate small groups
- Teach classroom counseling lessons
- Support students who are having a rough day or are feeling sad
- Teacher consultation and collaboration
- Crisis intervention
- Conflict resolution
- Help students develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- Improve student communication skills and develop effective decision-making and self regulation strategies.
I am also the 504 and attendance team coordinator.