Pre-K provides a rigorous academic preschool education for children. Classes focus on teaching children to:
- see themselves as capable learners.
- develop reading, writing and math skills.
- work well with other children and adults.
In Pre-K we explore and learn about ourselves and our community, the natural world, and changes over time. We use the Saint Paul Public School’s Curriculum, Discovering Our World. We are learning about many fascinating topics through literature, hands-on exploration, and experiments. Our classroom is full of possibilities!
PRE-K IN-SCHOOL LEARNING SCHEDULE
7:30 - 8:15 B2G/Morning Meeting, Ease Into the Day & Sign-in
8:15 - 8:40 Literacy Small Group
8:40 - 9:20 Active Learning
9:20 - 9:40 Phonics
9:40 - 10:00 Read Aloud
10:00 - 10:30 Lunch
10:30 - 10:50 Recess
10:50 - 11:20 Math Small Group
11:20 - 12:10 Specialists-Phy Ed, Science, Art, Music, Technology
12:10 - 1:00 Rest Time
1:00 - 1:40 Active Learning
1:40 - 2:00 Regroup to Revisit & Dismissal
Grade - Pre-K Grade
- 1- regular sized backpack
- 1- pair of tennis shoes for gym class
- 1- box of thick Crayola Markers
- 1- box of Crayola Crayons
- 4 - pack of Expo Dry Erase Markers
- 4 - pack of Play-Doh
- 2 - plastic 2-pocket folders (1 red and 1 of your choice)
- 2 - boxes of Kleenex
- 1- box Quart or Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- 1- Roll of Paper Towels
- 1 - Roll of wide, clear packing tape
*Also plan to have warm snow pants, mittens/gloves, boots, and a coat for outdoor winter recess.