Welcome to the Counseling Department at Creative Arts Secondary School. We are committed to meet students' academic, personal/social, and college and career readiness needs. Please contact our counselors for any support.
Creative Arts Secondary School CEEB Code is 242-223.
Right Track - Summer Youth Employment Opportunity
Want a summer job? RIGHT TRACK is a partnership with the City of St. Paul and local businesses to connects youths with jobs (YJ01-No work experience needed) and internships (YJ02) with a starting pay of $9.65/hr. Last summer, over 600 youths received jobs and internships.
- Live in the City of St. Paul
- Between the ages of 14 and 24
- Must have a Social Security Number
- Meet family income guidelines or have a barrier to employment
- Apply at righttrack.stpaul.gov between February 1-28, 2018
- Attend an interview session (Dress up and bring resumes)
- Youths who are accepted for jobs (YJ01) will get notified by the week of May 1, 2018; Youths who are accepted for internships (YJ02) will get notified by the week of April 17, 2018
2018-2019 SPPS School Selection Process
Are you interested in attending a different Saint Paul Public School next school year? The priority deadline for families to request a transfer is February 23, 2018. For more information about other Saint Paul Public Schools and the transfer process visit apply.spps.org or contact your counselor.
Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO)
Want to earn college credit while in high school for FREE? You can save thousands in college tuition and graduate from college early. A Post Secondary Enrollment Option (PSEO) workshop will be offered in the Spring of 2018. Contact your school counselor or Ms. Ashley for more information about PSEO.
Next National ACT Test is February 10, 2018 - Registration Deadline is January 12, 2018
Registration deadline for the February 10, 2018 National ACT test is January 12, 2018. After January 12, 2018, you can still register for the February 10, 2018 test date but must pay a late fee. ACT Fee Waivers are available for students with limited income. The fee waivers do not cover late fees. If you need assistance registering for the ACT or need a fee waiver, contact your counselor.
Remember to register for the ACT at www.act.org.
Financial Aid and FAFSA Information
Do you have questions about financial aid or how to fund college? Need help starting your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make an appointment with your counselor to learn more about financial aid options such as:
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Subsidized versus Unsubsidized loans
- Free Applicaiton for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)