Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Anne Commers
Welcome to 3rd Grade! This will be a challenging year for your child, filled with many new responsibilities and exciting experiences. You will probably observe a lot of growth physically and mentally. Part of my job as a third grade teacher is teaching my students how to become independent learners who are responsible for their choices and reinforcing positive values to build self-esteem.
I will strive to keep you informed of happenings in your child’s academic life, through newsletters, written updates, email, and phone calls (if necessary). If you have any questions or concerns throughout the year, please call the school and you will be connected to my voicemail. I will return your phone call as soon as possible. Please know that if I have a concern, either academic or behavioral, I will contact you. I want to make this a GREAT year for your child. With your continued support and cooperation, your child is sure to find success in third grade!
Anne Commers - Third Grade
Horace Mann School is a K-6 elementary school nestled in St. Paul's Highland Park community and is known for academic excellence & total personal development focused on individual students. As a learning community where high expectations for every child are nurtured in a caring and supportive environment -- the school is highly respected for its exceptional teaching staff, its diversity, the gifted and talented program, test scores among the highest in the district, and academic enrichment opportunities. Horace Mann is a friendly, caring, and safe environment for learning and enjoys the enthusiastic support of committed families who participate in a myriad of volunteer activities on behalf of the school.
More about Ms. Commers
1. Where did you go to college?
- I received my bachelor of arts in Elementary Education and English from The College of St. Benedict in St Joseph, MN and my Master’s degree in Education for Gifted and Talented from the University of St Thomas in St Paul, MN.
2. Where have you taught?
- My first teaching job was in Alexandria, Virginia. My second teaching job was at Chelsea Heights in St Paul where I taught Gifted andTalented. This will be my 18th year at Horace Mann, my 1st in third grade.
3. What is your favorite color?
- Any shade of purple
4. What is the best thing about 3rd grade?
- The students of course!!!!
5. What is your favorite food/drink?
- Starbucks Coffee
6. What is your favorite book?
- I have too many to try and list!!! I LOVE to read!!
7. Do you have any special talents?
- I can reach almost anything!!!
8. What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- I love to workout.
9. What is one thing people don’t know about you?
- I have lived in Rome, Italy, Washington D.C., Chicago, IL, Dallas, Texas, and stood on the Great Wall in China.
10. Who is in your family?
- I live in Eagan and have a 24-year-old daughter, Emily, who is a pediatric nurse and lives in Edina. I have a very cute "fur" baby named Lola.
7:15am-2:15pm or as needed by students/parents