Language & Literacy
Aims of the IB-Middle Years Program:
- Use language as a vehicle for thought, creativity, reflection, learning, and self-expression.
- Use language as a tool for personal growth, social interaction and for developing relationships within the international community.
- Comprehend more clearly aspects of their own culture and those of other cultures by exploring the interdependence of human beings through a variety of works.
- Explore the many facets of the language through the use of media and information technology.
- Develop the skills involved in speaking, listening, reading, writing and viewing in a variety of contexts.
- Respond appropriately to a variety of texts
- Read widely to promote a lifelong interest in language and literature
- Develop a critical and creative approach to studying and analyzing literature.
- Develop language skills through interdisciplinary work
- Consider the role of literature both culturally and historically
- Reflect on the learning process in various ways and at various stages
- Empathize with real people and fictional characters as and when appropriate.
- Sixth Grade Readers' Workshop
- Sixth Grade Writers' Workshop
- English/Language Arts (ELA) 7 MYP Language and Literature
- Eighth Grade ELA Workshop 8
- Eighth Grade Accelerated English
- On Track (OT) Literacy (offered at each grade level)
- Creative Writing