Tours for Prospective Students and Families
Highland Park Middle School has specific dates for incoming students for the 2019-20 school year to tour the school. All tours are scheduled from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
Upcoming tour dates are:
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 (This date has filled up.)
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- Thursday, February 20, 2020
Here is the agenda for our middle school transition tours for prospective students and families:
- 8:30 AM arrival: Parents and students meet in cafeteria after checking in at the main office
- Parents will:
- Get an overview of school by HPMS staff
- Take a school tour of the HPMS building, focusing on 6th grade core classes and electives
- Students will:
- Observe in 6th grade core classes and elective classrooms with 8th grade student WEB leaders
- Take a school tour, including participating in “passing time”
- Question and Answer session with 8th grade Student WEB leaders in the cafeteria
- Parents will:
- 9:30 Students/families meet up in cafeteria; final questions before departure.
To sign up for a Tour, click here.
NOTE: Due to the historically high enrollment numbers of 6th grade students this year, it is not possible to accommodate individual student shadowing requests as we have in past years.
Additional HPMS transition opportunities include:
• Thursday, January 9, 2020 • 6:00-7:30 pm; HPMS Showcase Night
• Saturday, January 25, 2020 • 9:30-2:00 pm; Parent Fair (Union Depot, St. Paul MN)
• Wednesday, May 13, 2020 • 5:00- 6:30 pm; HPMS 6th grade Meet and Greet
• Thursday, September 3, 2020 • 8:00-2:00 pm; HPMS 6th grade WEB orientation and Open House
• Tuesday, September 8, 2020 • 8:30-3:00 pm; HPMS first day of school, Foundations team building activities, building tours, and "skinny" schedule
On the day of the Tour, please park in the lot located off of Montreal Avenue and enter through Door 20. Enter the building and escort your student to the office where you will sign in.
To sign up for a Tour, please complete the form below, or call 651-293-8950.