AGAPE School Social Worker
School Social Workers Help Students To:
- Increase academic success.
- Improve interpersonal relationships.
- Cope with difficult and crisis situations.
- Develop self-esteem and self-discipline.
- Learn problem solving, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Remove barriers to academic success.
School Social Workers Workers Help Educators By:
- Developing and implementing plans to enhance students’ school success.
- Providing oogoing emotional and behavioral support to students.
- Communicating information about how factors such as family, culture, socioeconomic status, physical and mental health can affect students’ performance.
- Coordinating community resourse to meet students’ needs.
- Identifying and eliminating barriers to educational success.
School Social Workers are the Link Between Home, School and Community:
- Accessment og student needs through observation, interviews and testing.
- Treatment of mental and emotional disorders.
- Individual and group therapeutic services.
- Crisis Prevention and intervention.
- Working with students in both general education and special education settings.
- Advocacy for students, parents and the school district.
- Education and training for parents and guardians.
- Information and referral.
- Collaboration and consultations with community agencies,organizations and other professionals.
AGAPE's Social Worker
School Social Worker
1037 University Ave W.
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Work Cell#: 651-279-0393