Google Meet code: DBSmith
Hello, my name is Mr. Smith and I currently teach 3rd grade at Dayton's Bluff Achievement Plus. I started teaching at Dayton's Bluff in 2014 in 3rd grade. Last year I was a 4th grade teacher but love teaching any of the elementary grades.
A few things about me:
- Have a spouse named Jackie who has been teaching for 20+ years and is now an Assistant Principal at Crossroad Elementary in St. Paul
- Have a daughter Phina (19) and 2 sons Gus (16) and Levi (14)
- Love playing most sports but particularly enjoy soccer
- My other hobbies include biking, house projects, skiing, and spending as much time with my family
- Worked for Honeywell for 15 years before starting my teaching career (I like being a teacher way more!)
- Love to travel and see new places
- Last book I read was THE WARMTH OF OTHER SUNS by ISABEL WILKERSON
My goal as a teacher for every year is to build relationships with every student and then use those relationships to inspire students to become independent learners that will guide them as they grow. One of my favorite inspirational quotes is from Maya Angelou and it goes “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” For me, this quote is essential for everyone's learning. We never stop learning but we must do our best with what we do know. That is what I hope to inspire in all of my students.
Click on the link to view Mr. Smith's introduction to the 20/21' school year- https://flipgrid.com/s/f21cc9c6f8ff
Degrees and Certifications: BA (Concordia University), MAT (Hamline University)