Department of AVID at Highland Park Senior High School
WELCOME to AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) at Highland Park Senior High School.
What is Avid...
- AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- AVID is an in-school academic support program for grades 4-12 that prepares students for college eligibility and success.
- AVID places academically average students in advanced classes.
- AVID levels the playing field for minority, rural, low-income and other students without a college-going tradition in their families.
- AVID is for all students, but it targets those in the academic middle.
- AVID is implemented schoolwide and districtwide.
What AVID isn't...
- AVID isn't a remedial program.
- AVID isn't a free ride.
- AVID isn't a niche program.
- AVID isn't a college outreach program.
Please click on the following links for course offerings, helpful resources and a directory of department faculty.
Current Activiites: ACT Prep and Service Learning prep
ACT- April 28
Current Assignment: Project Presentations
Due Date: May 4,6