Department of AVID at Highland Park Senior High School
WELCOME to AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) at Highland Park Senior High School.
What is Avid...
- AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
- students must apply and obtain an interview in order to be eligible for acceptance into AVID. Applications are due in March and interviews are in April of each year
- AVID is implemented schoolwide and districtwide.
- AVID is in 48 states and 16 countries
- HSPH AVID graduates obtain an average of $2.2m in offered scholarships each year
- You must be in at least 1 accellerated course in order to remain in the AVID program
- AVID students must maintain a "C" average with no D's or N's in order to remain in AVID
- HPSH AVID graduates are attending post secondary instutitions from Howard to Stanford to Hawaii
What AVID isn't...
- AVID isn't a remedial program.
- AVID isn't a free ride.
- AVID isn't a niche program.
- AVID isn't a college outreach program.
Please click on the following links for course offerings, helpful resources and a directory of department faculty.
Current Activiites: ACT Prep and Service Learning prep
ACT- April 28
Current Assignment: Project Presentations
Due Date: May 4,6