Degrees and Certifications:
This is my fifth year at HPSH. In the past I have taught Social Studies at Central and I have served with Talent Development Accelerated Services as the Articulation Speicalist between Capitol Hill Gifted and Talented Magnet and Highland Park Senior High preparing the 8th graders socially and emotionally for high school. I am very excited to be with the students all day here at Highland teaching AVID and supporting them in whatever ways I can.
Communication with parents, students, faculty and staff are key to making every students high school career a success. The easiest way to reach me is by email.
Some interesting things you should know:
1. Over the summer I brought 10 AVID and IB students to Thailand and Cambodia on a service learning trip to learn first hand how conflict affects geography, humans and the enviroment
2. I LOVE to travel. Almost every school break I will be somewhere on an adventure.
3. It is my dream to work undercover with human rights investigations including human trafficking prevention, rescue and rehabilitiation.
4. The most enjoyable part of my job is making connections with students and seeing them realize that they can make a huge impact on the world.
5. I spend my summers working at a refugee camp orphange in Thailand and by the pool.
6. I have two awesome rescue dogs. One beagle and one husky. The beagle loves to cuddle and eat and the Husky loves to talk....ALL. THE. TIME.