Degrees and Certifications:
Brigham Young University - BS Elementary Education
Welcome to the Science page! My name is Mrs. Reynolds. I am the new science teacher this year. I am excited to inquire, explore, and discover new things in our world around us.
This is my 1st year teaching in St. Paul and my first year living in Minnesota! I have also taught in Utah and, most recently, Virginia. When I am not busy with school, I am running, baking, trying new restaurants with my husband, or exploring new places!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me:
If you would like to schedule a conference with me during parent-teacher conferences, below are the days and times I am available. Please email me at: email@example.com to schedule a time to meet.
Tuesday, November 16th, 2021 (In-Person): 2:15PM-3:15PM
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 (Virtual via Google Meet): 2:45PM-3:45PM
This is what the Minnesota Department of Education says about the MCA. Here are some highlights:
1. 5th grade is the first year to take the Science MCA.
2. The Science MCA covers the content of 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade.
3. All 5th grade students take an online MCA although students with IEP or 504 plans may qualify for accommodations.
4. Students do not pass or fail the test. Their score reflects how well they meet the MN science standards (Does Not Meet the Standards, Partially Meets the Standards, Meets the Standards, and Exceeds the Standards)
5. The document also includes some links that provide study tools.