Welcome to the AVID program at Harding High School
AVID is an acronym that stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
AVID is a college preparatory program to help students, especially those in the academic middle, succeed in rigorous courses and prepare for entrance into post-secondary education. AVID students work to become leaders in their communities and society. AVID shows students how to work successfully with teachers, take effective notes, use organizational skills, and work collaboratively, preparing for high school and post-secondary success.
What is AVID...
- Harding’s AVID program is a ninth through twelfth-grade that prepares students in the academic middle for four-year college eligibility
- HHS students must apply and obtain an interview in order to be eligible for acceptance into AVID. Applications are due in March and interviews are in April of each year
- AVID is implemented schoolwide and districtwide
- AVID is in 48 states and 16 countries
- AVID students must be in at least 1 accelerated course in order to remain in the program
- AVID students must maintain a "C" average with no D's or N's in order to remain in AVID
- AVID has a proven track record in bringing out the best in students, and in closing the achievement gap