Why Choose Harding
At Harding High School, students explore new ideas, master new skills, challenge themselves to think outside the box and become life long learners. Through the classroom, student led clubs, community service projects and athletics, students have the opportunity to discover and develop leadership. All these opportunities combine together to make each student a well-rounded individual.
There are many reasons why parents and students choose Harding - here are a few of them:
- Rigorous and diverse education
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination) Program
- NJROTC (Naval Junior Reserve Officer Training)
- PLTW (Project Lead the Way),
- American Indian Studies
- Wide range of academic choices: Fine Arts, World Languages, Career & Tech Ed, etc.
- A safe school climate that provides a sense of belonging and respects the value of cultural diversity
- Lots of "stuff" going on -- sports, clubs, activites, events, and more!
At Harding, students also set goals and prepare for life beyond high school with a six year plan (Naviance). 100% of Harding seniors completed post-secondary education plans. Scholarships dollars earned by Harding seniors has increased 400% in recent years - from almost $3 million in 2006 to over $12.8 million in 2013.
Visit Harding and see first hand what makes it an exceptional place to learn, grow and belong. Experience our commitment to excellence!