$30,000 Reached for Playground and Athletic Field Improvement Project!
Playground: |play-ground| <noun> a welcoming place; a fun place to play; a place where friendships are developed; a place where community grows!
Why do the project?
- Improve drainage issues and enhance safety
- Make our playground and athletic field usable all year - regardless of weather (last school year we lost 30 days of recess time because of poor playground and field conditions).
- Neighborhood beautification (improved landscaping and additional seating)
- Upgrade equipment (6 new pieces) to provide play opportunities for all kids
Where is the money coming from?
- Horace Mann School PTA $30,000.00
- St. Paul Public School District $30,000.00 (part of this amount is a match of the PTA money)
- City of St. Paul STAR GRANT $60,000.00 (match of the school district and PTA money)
To have $120,000.00 for the playground improvement plan the PTA must raise $30,000.00 to complete the project.
Thank you to everyone who provided their support through...
- A pledge or contribution
- Read - a - thon
- Plant Sale
- Target - Take Charge for Education
- Box Tops for Education
- Kemps Milk Fundraiser
- Donation Buckets at Family Fun Nights
- and VOLUNTEERING!
Questions? Contact Susan Lawrenz-Smith, PTA President, at 651.291.8898 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Horace Mann School is a K-6 elementary school nestled in St. Paul's Highland Park community and is known for academic excellence & total personal development focused on individual students. As a learning community where high expectations for every child are nurtured in a caring and supportive environment -- the school is highly respected for its exceptional teaching staff, its diversity, a "gifted and talented" program of distinction, test scores among the highest in the district, and many academic enrichment opportunities. Horace Mann School is a welcoming, friendly, caring, and safe environment for learning and enjoys the enthusiastic support of committed families who participate in a myriad of volunteer activities on behalf of the school.
Questions About the Project?
Please contact Jim Litwin, Principal, at 651-293-8965 or email@example.com.