The Survival text is a synthesis of the basic survival information found in Air Force Regulation 64-4 Survival Training. The survival instruction will provide training in skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary to successfully perform fundamental tasks needed for survival. Survival also presents “good to know” information that would be useful in any situation. The information is just as useful to an individual lost hunting or stranded in a snowstorm.
**All cadets enrolled in this course are REQUIRED to wear the Air Force JROTC service uniform and the issued fitness uniform at least one day each week.
COURSE OBJECTIVES AND GOALS:
Aerospace Science Education:
1. Know the elements of surviving.
2. Know how medicine procedures, clothing, and shelter can provide personal
protection for a survivor in a survival situation.
3. Know the necessities for maintaining life in a survival situation.
4. Know how to travel and prepare for recovery in a survival situation.
1. Apply the key factors of effective communications.
2. Know the ways in which personal awareness affects individual actions.
3. Know the key elements of building and encouraging effective teams.
4. Apply the key behaviors for becoming a credible and competent leader.
Drill and Ceremonies:
1. Know the importance of drill and ceremonies.
2. Know basic commands and characteristics of the command voice.
3. Apply and execute the concepts and principles of basic drill positions and movements.
4. Know when and how to salute.
5. Apply the principles and procedures of drill movements used with smaller units to the movement of a squadron.
6. Know the function of the group and the wing.
7. Know how groups and wings are formed.
8. Know the purpose and definition of ceremonies and parades.
Wellness and Physical Fitness:
1. Motivate AFJROTC cadets to lead active, healthy lifestyles beyond program requirements and into their adult lives.
2. Create an individualized training program based on national standards by age and gender.
3. Identify areas of improvements for each cadet.
4. Incorporate a physical training program to reach goals.