<<< Registration for the 2022-23 School Year is NOW OPEN!
For 2022-23 course registration information, please go to the grade level links, "Registration Information" located at the top of the left-hand column of this page.
Please direct any questions to HPMS' school counselors:
Counselor Assignments for the 2021-2022 school year
Ms. Seifert • (651) 744-7582 • email@example.com • 6th grade
Ms. Katzmarek • (651) 744-3400 • firstname.lastname@example.org • 7th grade
Ms. Mulvaney • (651) 744-3399 • email@example.com • 8th grade
Counselors play a variety of roles within the school setting, from scheduling student classes to individual or group counseling.
Often times, if a parent has a question about navigating through middle school years, school counselors are a good place to start in looking for answers. Our priority is helping students be successful in school. Some of the more common functions we serve are as follows:
- Adjusting schedules- to better serve student needs
- Monitor course completion-to help students successfully complete coursework
- Building organizational skills- individual work with students, families and teachers in order to track homework, facilitate communication and increase class progress
- Deliver core counseling curriculum in the classroom
- Support development of college and career readiness skills
- Conflict resolution- individual/group work between peers around resolving conflicts which may be interfering with class progress
- Individual/group support- working with students in regard to personal issues which may be affecting school progress
- Facilitate student leadership activities (WEB, Gender Sexuality Alliance, Black Student Union, Dare 2 Be Real, People Unified, Student Environmental Activists)
- Coordinate building-wide testing schedule
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns!