First Lego League
FIRST Lego League (FLL) is a program that teaches students about engineering, programming, physics, research, and team work. There are three parts of FLL. Programming and designing of a robot that runs missions on a playing field. Research of a problem presented at the begin of the year. And, displaying the Core Values which are:
1. We are a team
2. We work together to solve problems. Our coach guides us.
3. Coaches don't know everything, we learn together.
4. We share our experiences.
5. We honor the spirit of friendly competition.
6. What we discover is more important than what we win.
7. We display gracious professionalism and coopertition in everything we do.
8. We have fun!Cherokee Heights will have 1 team for the 2018-19 season. Applications will be available for interested students in September to apply. Teams consist of 8-10 students who will be 10 years of age by the tournament date. Team members will apply and attend EDL program where they will practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:15-4:45. Team members will also be expeced to attend and participate in the SPPS tournament in January. Tournaments are held on a Saturday (date to be determined) all day.