Winter Clothing Recommendations
When preparing for the outdoors it is important to bring the appropriate winter gear. The goal is simple: keep the body at its normal temperature, neither too cool nor too warm.
To maintain a normal body temperature in the outdoors:
- Wear several layers of clothing rather than one thick layer.Layering allows you to adjust to changing temperatures.
- Layering works to wick moisture away from the skin.
- Wear a water-resistant outer layer.Protects insulating layers from melting snow.
2. Wet clothing makes it difficult to keep the body warm.
- Wear clothing that is warm even when its wet.Wool or synthetics are best to pull moisture from the skin.
- Avoid cotton, it has no warming value when wet.