Aerospace at Farnsworth PreK-4
About Farnsowrth Lower:
At Farnsworth we are known for taking giant leaps. Our kids travel to the source of their inspiration.
We believe that the earlier a student experiences applying science, technology, engineering, aerospace and math, the more interest they take in those subjects throughout life. These opportunities expands their imagination and builds confidence as they engage in hands-on problem solving and teamwork skills with their peers.
We have experiences that take place overnight, on the weekend, and during the school day. Students are Farnsworth Lower have many opportunities throughout the school year to learn about STEAM, all while still learning the SPPS adopted curriculum in literacy and math.
Aerospace/STEM Enrichment at Farnsworth PreK-4
- Flight Simulators for 4th grade students
- Field Trips for all grade levels throughout the school day
- Extended Learning Trips for students and families
- Aerospace/STEAM Specialist
- Science Specialist
- STEAM Family Nights
- Coding- Spheros, BeeBots, iPad apps
- LEGO League for 4th grade students
- STEAM building manipulatives (building tiles, blocks, building magnets, etc.)
- Project Lead the Way Curriculum (engineering) and Much More!