Arrival/Parent Drop Off & Dismissal/Parent Pick Up
- Breakfast-To-Go starts at 7:15 a.m.
- All students who get dropped off will enter through the Cafeteria doors down by the playground. All students who ride the bus will enter through the Hazel entrance. Students eating breakfast will go through the line. Other students will continue on to their classroom. This means no students should be in the hallways before 7:15 a.m.
- When students arrive at the cafeteria doors they should form two lines to enter the cafeteria by the side of the building.
- All students will be required to be in their rooms by 7:30 a.m. and ready for class.
- All classroom teachers will be in their classrooms and all other staff personel will be at their assigned responsibilities for the year at 7:15 a.m.
Parent Drop Off
When you arrive at school in the morning, please drop your child(ren) off on the south side of building on Clear Avenue heading westbound only. Students can be dropped off anywhere in the drop off zone between the front doors of the building and the small staff parking lot. Also note there is no parking in the drop off zone. For the safety of all students please wait your turn in the line until you reach the drop off zone. Pulling around cars and double parking could result in ticketing by the police.
School ends at 2:00 PM. Parents may pick up students on Clear Avenue starting at 2:00 pm.
Parent Pick Up
In the afternoon, it is critical that you pick up your child in the staging area on the westbound side of Clear Avenue starting at the small staff parking lot. Please show your family number and staff will call your child(ren)’s number and they will exit from the cafeteria doors. Never leave your vehicle while in the westbound lane. Your child will come to you.
Traffic Patterns during arrival and dismissal time:
We are a neighborhood school without a large parking lot or large driveway. We need all adults to cooperate by following the established traffic pattern and by showing respect to other drivers and students. Safety is our goal for all.
Please remember, westbound traffic on Clear Street will be for drop off and pick up only. The signs are up and there is no parking on the westbound side of Clear. Eastbound on Clear Street will be for parking if you need to leave your car and come into the building. At no time should students be crossing the street without a parent with them every step of the way.
All students who are dropped off are to enter the building by the playground doors at the southwest corner of the building. All students who ride the bus will enter through the Hazel entrance. When we follow the established traffic pattern, the students are moving in one direction inside of the building. Just like on the streets, the hallways are also crowded. There is not room for two-way traffic especially for our younger students.
Please consider having your child ride the bus if your child qualifies for the bus. This will lessen the traffic at the beginning and end of the day. You may also consider taking your child to the bus stop and picking your child up at the stop at the end of the day. By meeting your child at the bus stop, there will be fewer cars, fewer students, and it will be closer to your home. This will save gas and time.