Nikki Vasquez, Social Worker
Greetings, this is my second year at Jackson Elementary and I have been in the district for 15 years. I grew up on the shores of Lake Superior in Tofte, Mn. I spent my early years skiing at Lutsen Mountains and still continue to ski there with my family as we are all downhill skiers. I live with my golden doodle Huckleberry and we are avid outdoor hikers. In my spare time I like to bake homemade breads, read lots of good books, knitting, traveling, and spending time with good friends.
School social workers are the link between home, school, and community and provide specialized services that include:
- Individual and group counseling, including play therapy
- Crisis prevention and intervention
- Social, emotional, and behavioral assessments
- Design and implementation of behavior management plans
- Home visits
- Professional case management
- Information and referral to community based resources
- Parent education
- Advocacy for students, parents, and the school system
- Collaboration with and consultation for school staff and community organizations
Students are supported in both general and special education through individual and small group sessions covering a variety of topics including social skills, grief and/or loss, family change, anger management, and self-esteem.
Our social worker is Nikki Vasquez.