Welcome to Maxfield Magnet Elementary School!
We are delighted to welcome you to our school community! Maxfield is all about parents, community and staff coming together to support our children. We are excited about our role as a Promise Neighborhood school and have many activities, supports and services that will be available to you throughout the school year and the summer months.
When does school start?
- Classes for grades 1 through 5 start on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
- Classes for Pre-K and Kindergarten start on Thursday, September 7, 2017
What are the school hours?
- Our school hours are 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM for all classes (PreK-grade 5)_
- Students should not arrive before 8:15 AM
- Breakfast is served at 8:15 AM
When do we meet my child’s teacher?
- Teachers report back to work on Monday, August 28th and will begin calling families.
- On Thursday, August 31st, we invite you to come in and see your child’s classroom between 3:00 - 5:00.
- On Thursday, September 7th we’ll have a school-wide Family BBQ from 5:30 to 7:00 PM for families and students to meet and for you to meet staff.
What about bus information?
- Busing information will be sent in a separate mailing directly from transportation.
- If you have moved over the summer and we do not have your correct address, please call us right away. A change in address could result in a change of schools based on the new community school boundaries. Call the placement office if you think your new address may be in another school's area: 651-632-3760
- Late address changes can take up to 2 weeks for a new bus stop to be set up and you may have to transport your child until this can be set up. Student absences due to transportation issues are not considered excused absences.
Please don't hesitate to call me at 651-293-8680 if you have any questions or concerns. We can arrange for an interpreter if you speak a language other than English.