- The school has strong community arts partnerships with the Ordway Center, Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra, Ethnic Dance, Plymouth Music Program and others.
- Students participate in citywide arts performances.
- Services for special education students and English language learners are offered with the general classes.
- The school has a strong emphasis on family and community involvement. Mississippi is a member of the National Network of Partnership Schools.
- Extended day programs include Area Learning Center (ALC) program, Connecting Friends and Broadway Musica\
- ALL of our students receive Science, Music, Art, Dance and Drama as part of their curriculum.
- Extended year opportunities are offered by the Area Learning Center Summer Program.
To get a report on our school and other elementary schools in the St. Paul School district click here: All About Mississippi!
Our school is one of the first and finest creative arts schools in Saint Paul. Every student experiences the arts through music, dance, drama, reading and even science and math. Our teachers love what they do and many are practicing artists themselves. Working with our community partners, students can participate in city-wide performances and experience the arts through the Ordway Center, Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra and Ethnic Dance. Our young artists create art in the classroom and have many opportunities to display it for our lively community. After-school and recreational opportunities are available in our building and just a short walk away at McDonough Recreation Center. We welcome everyone at Mississippi and we are proud of our strong family and community involvement.
Working with our own arts specialists and internationally known artists-in-residence, young creative minds experience the satisfaction of making art as they learn reading, writing, math and science. Our teachers love what they do and many are practicing artists themselves. Students have many opportunities to display their visual or performing arts work for our vibrant international community, and parents and community organizations are active in our school. After-school and recreation opportunities are a short walk away at McDonough Recreation Center.