At SPMA, we teach and encourage students to develop and practice safe digital habits. The Office of Personalized Learning has excellent lessons for each grade level on Digital Citizenship, Online Safety, and Cyberbullying.
Common Sense links:
- Grade 1:
- Grade 2:
- Grade 3:
- Grade 4:
- Grade 5
Here are links to helpful and informative websites:
- Cyber-Five: (grades K-2) Five rules to follow when online
- BrainPop Internet Safety: (grades K-2) Internet safety with Annie and Moby
- The SMART Adventure: (grades 1-4) characters Kara and Winston plus a crew of students navigate safe online practices
- The Boy Who Loved IM: (grades 2-3) a video rap that teaches kids not to share private info when online
- Safe Online Talk: (grades 4-5) excellent video about being safe online
Below is Stacey's Story (grades 5-7), a terrific video about cyberbullying.