Signs of Illness
Students and families may not be sure if a child is too sick to attend school. Ordinarily we ask that children be sent to school even if they seem a little tired or irritable in the morning as long as they do not have any of the signs or symptoms listed below.
Keep your child home if he or she:
- Has a fever of 100 degrees or more during the previous evening or night or in the morning.
- Has vomited or had diarrhea during the night or in the morning.
- Has a rash that may be caused by a disease or if the cause is unknown, check with your family physician before sending the student to school.
Missing School for Illnessess:
- If student is at home sick, please call the school attendance line daily to report the reason for absence.
- If a student will be absent for more than one day, parents can contact the school for homework.
- If a student will be out of school for three weeks or longer due to an illness, injury or surgery the student may qualify for Homebound Services. Contact the Health Office at the school to obtain information about this service.