Career Pathways Academy
The Saint Paul Career Pathways Academy is a high school program located at Saint Paul College where students can explore careers, take rigorous courses, and have the opportunity to earn high school and college credit.
Saint Paul Career Pathways Academy is an option for:
- Students who want to explore college by taking rigorous courses with certification possibilities.
- Students who are ready to prepare for highly skilled technical workplaces or possible internships.
- Students in grades 10, 11 or 12 who are on track for graduation and who qualify for Post Secondary Education Options.
- Seniors need to have a 2.0 GPA or higher and be in the TOP 50% of their class.
- Juniors need to have a 2.0 GPA or higher and be in the TOP 33% of their class.
- Sophomores who would like to participate in the program need to have taken and passed thier 8th grade MCA Reading test.
(For 11th and 12th students who do not meet these requirements: A letter of support from the counselor saying they are academically ready for our college program and would benefit from participating may be accepted in place of these requirements. This letter needs to be included with the student's paper application.)
Saint Paul Career Pathways Academy Courses 2017-18:
Health Science Technology Pathway
Medical Health Sciences Courses
- Medical Careers/Nursing Assistant (Semester 1& 2)
Business, Management & Administration Pathway
- Introduction to Business/Business Communications (Semester 1)
- Business Computer Fundamentals 1/Business Information Applications 1 (Semester 2)
ARTS, Communications & Information Systems Pathway
Computer Technology Courses
- Computer Repair & Maintenance (Semester 1)
- Digital Imaging, Advanced (Semester 2)
- Web Design, Advanced (Semester 2)
Bus transportation will be provided from your home high school to the Saint Paul Career Pathways Academy (located at Saint Paul College) via yellow school bus and back to your home high school or home via Metro Transit. Students will receive bus cards for the return trip.
Students interested in attending Saint Paul Career Pathways Academy can see their school guidance counselor for registration application information. Or, fall and spring semester applications are available now and can be completed and submitted to the student's guidance counselor--see below to download forms. Students will also be required to take the Accuplacer the semester before the class begins. Please see your counselor for testing information, as well. Accuplacer Reading score required for participation is 38 or higher for all classes.
Students take their morning classes at their home high school, attend an afternoon Career Pathway Academy course at Saint Paul College and return to school by 2:00pm.