Career and Technical Education (CTE) Courses in Our High Schools
CTE jump starts students’ careers by preparing them for post-secondary education and training for high skill, high-wage and high-demand occupations while they are still in high school! Students can take cources in the following content areas:
- This Career Cluster focused on the production, processing, marketing, distribution, financing, and development of agricultural commodities and resources including food, fiber, wood products, natural resources, horticulture, and other plant and animal products/resources.
- Careers in planning, organizing, directing and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Family and consumer sciences courses prepare students for the demands of family and work life. Students learn about nutrition and wellness, managing resources to meet the needs of a family, and balancing personal and work life.
- Technology Education
- Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical and professional careers related to the design, development, support and management of hardware, software, multimedia and systems integration services.
- Work Experience Programs
- The Saint Paul Public School's Work Experience program consists of an internship called Occupational internship, and a course called Career Seminar.