Cahoots is a summer correspondence program designed to support learning and reflection skills. Memorable characters - Hoots, Boots, Marina, Stevie and Walter - guide children through a self-paced review of the school year. This process of review and reflection helps retain information and be sharp for the following school year. Participants are paired with a Reflection Buddy who provides encouragement and responses to their reflections throughout the summer.
When you enroll in Cahoots, your child will receive:
- A fun workbook to help review Math and Language Arts
- Weekly reflections and a Reflection Buddy
- 6 weeks of lessons for entering K; 8 weeks of lessons for entering grades 1-6
- A game board to track progress
How Cahoots Works
- Workbooks are mailed to registered families the second week of June
- Youth complete one lesson in their workbook per week. Lessons are 20-25 questions long.
- Families or youth check their own answers online
- After completing each lesson, youth complete their weekly reflection
- Reflections give youth a chance to apply their skills through open-ended questions. Youth are paired with a Reflection Buddy who they mail their reflection to. The reflection buddy writes back each week.
- Youth who complete all reflections end the summer with a celebration
Grade Levels & Cost
Available for youth entering Grades K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Families are encouraged to order the grade level their child will be entering in the Fall.
Cost for Entering K (6 lessons) is $32.
Cost for Entering 1-6 (8 lessons) is $42.
A 15% discount is available for youth who qualify for free/reduced lunch