Special Education Process
Saint Paul Public Schools provides special education and related services according to the mandates of the Federal Individual with Disabilities Education Act (2004) and the State of Minnesota's rules and statutes. The Saint Paul Public Schools' Total Special Education System (TSES) provides information about special education policies, procedures, and programs.
The Special Education Administration of the Minnesota Department of Education provides school districts like ours with detailed procedures for the delivery of special education services.
Special Education services are provided under the following areas of eligibility:
- Speech/Language Impaired
- Developmental Cognitive Disabilities: Mild-Moderate
- Developmental Cognitive Disabilities: Severe-Profound
- Physically Impaired
- Deaf-Hard of Hearing
- Visually Impaired
- Specific Learning Disabilities
- Emotional/Behavioral Disorders
- Other Health Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental Delay: Birth - 2 yrs. old, 3 - 6 yrs. old
- Tramatic Brain Injury
- Severely Multiply Impaired
Services and accommodations not related to the disabilities listed above may be provided through Section 504 plans.